I started this blog on April the 10th 2017 and although this is a personal lifestyle blog and I do share my experiences with you, I’m not as forthcoming about me as a person. I tend to keep myself to myself purely because I think people aren’t interested. But it got me wondering actually, as it’s human nature to want to get to know people more, what makes them tick etc. And despite having this notion that I think I am really boring, I’m going to share some icebreaker facts with you. I want you to have a better idea of the person behind the blog I guess.
I have to admit, I’m definitely more comfortable about finding out about others rather than talking about myself. A couple of years ago, I did this personality test on the Myers Briggs website and it turns out I am a split down the middle of extroversion and introversion but I favour more of the introversion aspect of my personality and I am an ISTP personality type. If you wanted to read more about personality types and find out your personality type, check out my post all about it and how it actually helped me a lot to find out more about myself.
So without appearing too narcissistic, here are some icebreaker facts about me:
- I used to be a DJ in London and I even got the chance to DJ in Cape Town South Africa on New Year’s Eve one year – DJing was a lot of fun and I made so many amazing memories. I still have all my vinyl too.
- I don’t have any tattoos – it’s not that I don’t like them on other people, I just think I would look like a tool.
- I had my ears and nose pierced a very long time ago but only wore the piercings for about 6 months.
- I am fascinated with all things space and time – I have books and posters on planets and I love watching Si-Fy films and documentaries.
- I’m not that into shopping – shopping sprees actually make me feel dizzy.
- I’ve suffered from anxiety and depression for years but have found successful ways to manage it – some days I forget I’ve ever had depression.
- I’ve skydived once and often think about doing it again – I raised money for the National Autistic Society in honour of my brother who is autistic.
- I don’t drink alcohol – I actually quit alcohol 1 and a 1/2 years ago which was one of the best things I have ever done. Helped a great deal with my reducing my anxiety levels.
- I am vegan and very proud to say I am. I have been vegan for around 3 years now and I can’t believe I didn’t start sooner. (I started out fully vegetarian 6/7 years ago). Veganism is subject I am really passionate about – you can read more about vegan life on my blog!
- I’m obsessed with de-cluttering, keeping things tidy and minimalistic. I have been this way since I was old enough to rearrange my bedroom (6/7 years of age). I was forever tidying and keeping things neat – a bit harder to do now I have children.
- I really dislike gardening – I admire people that have green fingers but I am officially rubbish at gardening. I don’t even mow my own lawn and have to pay someone to do it for me.
- I am part Lebanese, Italian, Irish and English although I would love to do one of those DNA tests to find out more and obtain an accurate review of my DNA.
- I’m a mummy to twins and instinctively knew I would have twin girls about 10 years beforehand.
- I lived in Tunbridge Wells, Kent for 10 years. Great place to live and lots of wonderful memories but my family are 100 miles away which ended up being too far away especially when my grandma became really unwell.
- I can say hello in 7 languages including Chinese and Lebanese – sadly I can’t speak fluently in any other language, unlike my grandma who spoke 4 fluently. I’ve tried learning French but didn’t stick at it long enough.
- I’ve visited 13 countries – I would love to travel more, travelling is something I wish I could do more of.
- I haven’t had a boyfriend for 4 years and haven’t been on a date in over 6 years. I’ve been focused on healing myself, valuing my life and focusing on my children above all else.
- I get weird premonitions about life events and usually, my instincts are correct – it can feel very surreal when something you knew was going to happen actually happens. I’d love to know the why’s and the how’s.
- I love learning and read a lot although, not as much as time permits me to.
- I love learning more about Buddhism – my friend has been a Buddhist for years and always says she thinks I was a Buddhist in a past life.
- I totally underestimated how age would affect me – I was hoping to look like I was 21 for the rest of my life.
- I hardly wear make-up, I find it suffocating. I prefer to be natural unless of course, I look like a walking corpse. I wouldn’t inflict that kind of pain on people.
- I love movies and one of my ultimate favourites is Top Gun – it’s my go-to film to cheer myself up. But I have a list as long as my arm of films that I love – which reminds me, I should share my list on the blog… coming soon!
- I’m utterly obsessed with watching Netflix series – to date, I have watched: Suits, Orange is The New Black, The Crown, Peaky Blinders, You, The Good Place, Jane The Virgin, The Big Bang Theory, Salvation and Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey.
- I often go to the cinema alone – it’s my chance for some “me time”. My friend Ray first encouraged me to do this about 8 years ago and I’m so thankful to him for that.
- I’d love to conclude this list with something extra unusual but I’m just not that exciting. But my final icebreaker fact is: I can fold the front of my tongue into a weird v-shape! I suppose you can call this my party trick?
So that’s some facts about me, now I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to share your icebreaker facts in the comments!
Light and love,