The rise of social media platforms the past few years has been hard to keep up with, right? Facebook is one of the originals, has had some impressive competition to deal with. But Facebook will always remain the biggest. They got it right from the off and were visionaries in their field.
For any brand looking to grow their business, you can’t afford to miss out on Facebook and here are some reasons why…
- Globally there are over 1.94 billion monthly active Facebook users, 1.74 billion of which are active mobile users.
- Facebook users are 76% female (out of 100% of all females) and 66% male (out of 100% of all males).
- Highest traffic occurs mid-week between 1 to 3 pm. A Facebook post at 7pm will result in more clicks on average than posting at 8pm.
- There is 18% higher engagement on Thursdays and Fridays.
- 4.75 billion pieces of content shared daily.
- 42% of marketers report that Facebook is critical or important to their business.
- 16 Million local business pages have been created as of May 2013.
How to make Facebook work for your brand…
Firstly, if you haven’t already, you will need to create a brand/business page or group. Then, within that page/group, you need to share relevant content that your target audience engage with.
Sounds straight forward enough right? But it’s not!
Facebook is a business and it’s done allowing businesses to exploit the free options – all except Facebook Lives. To get any decent traction on Facebook, the most effective way to reach your target audience, on one of the largest social media networks, is by paying for targeted advertising.
Facebook ads can be a challenge and sometimes it can feel like you are chucking mud at a wall and hoping it sticks – we have all done it! Heads up… boosting a post or page is a total waste of money. Your focus needs to be on targeted ads.
Facebook digitally holds the records of 1.94 billion users. Facebook knows everything about you and I mean everything. It cleverly only shows you content that it believes you want to see based on the information it holds on you.
When creating a targeted ad, your user persona should always be in mind. Think about that user and what they will be engaging with on their personal Facebook, in order for your ad to appear in their timeline.
Our timelines are constantly interrupted like the television programs are with ads and we need to be exciting enough for the user to stop.
- When creating any ad, create them whilst you are logged in to Facebook via Goggle Chrome, this offers an all-round better experience than using other browsers.
- My other top tip is to create the ad in power editor and then review changes and apply to move to the ads manager.
- Utilise your audience options especially your lookalikes. Always make sure your targeted options reach a minimum of 100k people. Narrow down your reach on age, area, gender and interests.
- Use high contrast images or even better – videos.
There are so many techy ways to make the most of your Facebook ads and most of the time, you need to test your own ads to your market. Testing is a great way to see what works for your brand.
If you would like further advice on Facebook ads or social media, please feel free to contact me for a consultation.