I have been eating this mixed bean salad and avocado for years and I absolutely love it. It tastes amazing and is really good for you. It’s also vegan and an ideal lunch dish. It’s that easy this will take you about 5 minutes to prep.
I do cheat and use tinned beans but you can use dried beans but you will need to soak them. Whilst eating tinned food isn’t very good for you, keeping it to a minimum won’t hurt. I eat this dish around once a week or every other week. The only other time I use tins is for dished requiring tinned tomatoes.
Here is how you create the super easy mixed bean salad and avocado.
- 1 400g tin of Mixed Bean Salad in water (you can pick these up from most supermarkets, I particularly like the Tesco one as it has Green Beans, Red Kidney Beans, Black Eyed Beans, Borlotti Beans, Haricot Beans).
- 1 medium ripe Avocado
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil for dressing
- Balsamic Vinegar for dressing
- Salt and Pepper for seasoning
- Chilli Flakes (if you want to spice the dish up)
- Basil for garnish
- I cook the beans in their water in a microwave proof dish or over the stove. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Whilst it’s cooking, prepare the avocado and chop into chunks.
- Drain and rinse the beans and add to a large bowl.
- Add the chunks of avocado
- Drizzle oil and balsamic vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Add chill flakes if you want to spice the dish up
- Mix in the bowl
- Serve on plate/bowl
- Garnish with basil
- Eat and enjoy.
Vegan food is far from boring, there is an abundance of food to enjoy and I hope you can check out my other vegan dishes for inspiration.
If you are still in the transition of going vegan, contemplating vegan life or looking at reducing your meat, dairy, and eggs. Then I have a 22-page free guide on How to Go Vegan in 6-Weeks. I hope this helps and always feel free to leave comments or drop me a line.